Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekend recap!

Pumpkins everywhere!! One of the things about moving from the big city to a small town is that I really appreciate all of the little things that these small communities have to offer. This weekend was the Pumpkin Festival, including a carnival with rides and games, a parade, and even a trip to the pumpkin farm (which also has farm animals and is always a big hit!) This pumpkin carriage was actually in the parade...but was available for photos also. It was pretty hard for Chloe to wipe the smile off of her face! She told me that it "was picture perfect!" LOL.


The famous pumpkin chili I told you about last week...it may not look like much, but it's gooooood! And no matter who I asked...no one seemed to have the recipe...I think it's a conspiracy! I'm sure I could find one on the Internet somewhere!
The carnival at dusk...the best time to get photos in my opinion. You can still see all the vibrant colors...but at the same time they are lit up! Fun!

My favorite part of the parade was this pink tractor. How cute is that? Makes me almost want one? On second thought...maybe not...that would mean I would actually have a farm. No thanks.
I didn't plan this photo shoot, so we may have to go back for another. I only got a few good ones.
(Notice the uncoordinated outfits? And the crazy hair after being outside all day? We'll have to go back for sure!) I don't think the kids will complain!
This is just me following them around taking candid shots...which are usually my favorites anyway. Just how they are in real life is worth capturing!

And this little guys name was Salty. He has a twin named Pepper. He was cute enough to bring home...and I did ask if I could borrow him to take care of some of the mowing for me in the yard. I somehow think I would need a whole herd of goats to take care of a yard as big as mine.


Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! I am getting totally excited to share a sneak peek with you all tomorrow and I also have a giveaway coming up! So be sure to check back...night!

4 comments:

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi--- the pumpkin carriage is
pretty amazing. makes you want to go
to the ball in a fancy dress!!
great pictures. my favorite is
the first one with chloe looking off
to the right. at the pumpkin farm. what a great expression. pumpkin chili -lOOks just like rEgular chili. hmmm.
you have sunshine...we had sNOw at the cabin mondAY...a white out! verY fUn. i love fAll.
missing yOu all.

katie said...

that pumpkin carriage is SOOO AWESOME!!! it looks like such a fun festival! i love small towns!

<3katie

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Cute pics. My sister recently built a house on a wooded lot and they have alot of poison ivy they have not been able to get rid of. A man in their church "loaned" them a bunch of goats to eat the poison ivy. They just move the portable fencing to a new patch every few days :o) So maybe the mowing goats is a possiblity!

Heidi Stork said...

Terri this is too funny! I have poison ivy everywhere as well! I just cut the vine off that was growing ALL over my mailbox a few weeks ago when I found out what it was! That is what the Ackerman guy said too...he said they eat your weeds before they eat your grass. I need a loaner!! LOL

Heidi

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates