Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Feels like Monday...

For some reason today just feels like Monday. Hopefully tomorrow won't! I spent 5 hours mowing grass today...that pretty much sums up the excitement of my afternoon. I bruised my foot when I was being attacked by killer bees on the riding tractor...I narrowly escaped with my life (LOL) so I'll take the bruise. I'm just glad I didn't cut off my toes!! Tanner asked me why my mower doesn't have a cup holder...I think I should suggest that to the people at John Deer. The kids spent the afternoon trying to catch frogs in the yard...lucky for me they were very unsuccessful! These frogs are the ugliest frogs I have ever seen. They look kind of like a fat rock with bumps all over it. We found 5 of them today, poor frogs, I hope the kids didn't terrorize them too much. Oh the joys of living on a river! (smirk)

I got to go to a crop this weekend with friends and wanted to share a couple of the layouts. The first one is using our August "Happy Go Lucky" kit.
I was going to use this little ladybug to make a card...but selfishly decided I just couldn't part with him and used him on this layout instead. I'm so bad! Ha!


The second one is yet another layout I came up with using this month's kit "Hall Pass." I had this one pretty much ready to go...but I added a few things that weren't in the kit. (The monkey tag is by Elsie.)

Sorry about the less than stellar photos...I didn't have much daylight left!
It's been a weird few days...my car was in the shop...my mower was broken...and tonight my TV won't turn on. WHY didn't I decide to be an engineer when I grew up??? I think some of those skills would really come in handy right about now. My TV is 7 years old...is that their life expectancy these days? It might be just as much to fix it as a new TV would cost (a small one is all I'm getting next time...mine must weigh 200 lbs!) It seems no matter how many curve balls are thrown at me...all I have to do is look in the backseat at my co-pilot and a huge smile spreads across my face. See how her puppy is tucked into her top? She informed me he needed to be "safe" also. Life is good my friends...very very good.
Hope you had a great day!

5 comments:

Just Call Me Grammy said...

The tv now...really! The layouts turned out awesome. Glad you got to come.

Lexi said...

Those dimples of your co-pilot...a delight!!
And I TOTALLY agree about the cup holders ;)
Your positive attitude is contagious--keep that chin up friend!

Amanda Smith said...

Cute layouts and a VERY cute co-pilot! Hope your week gets better...we are praying! :)

Love you,
Mandy

Jessica said...

lovely LOs!!! I can't wait to play with my kit- gotta make some time this week to crack it open!

katie said...

i love your pages! and your new dt is awesome! i love that you used that monkey tag from elsie!!!

<3katie

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates