Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Shiny Little Studio

I always love looking at other people's scrap rooms and scrap closets...and dining rooms that have been taken over by the love of paper and scrapbooks. Don't you? So inspiring! I started out by scrapbooking on my oversized coffee table...using my giant red couch as a chair. I feel for the girls who came over to scrapbook and didn't once complain about their aching backs after a late night crafting session. You know who you are girls! You're troopers. I then bought a cabinet that was going to be perfect for housing my ever growing stash, but it had a rather smallish work space so I still ending up using my dining room table. Have you ever been there? After my dining room table there was a time when I was using the ping pong table in our basement...but I don't even want to talk about that. I finally have a scrapbook room...it's a dedicated space just for ME! It's not perfect or fancy shmancy...but I love it.


I have a little girl who frequently likes to come in and spin on my chair. :)

The best part of the room is all the windows and natural light.



Where do you get creative?

7 comments:

Anastasia said...

I think it IS perfect! I'm so happy for you!

em said...

I think it looks awesome!!
I would love to come visit your house some day...it just looks so cool! (Like how I just invited myself over??) ;)

jess said...

I *love* your scrap room Heidi! I definitely get inspired to scrap when I see scrap rooms like yours :) Thank you for sharing photos of your creative space!

MaraMay said...

Its absolutely lovely! The wood is gorgeous and all the window light... Ahhhh.. Fantastic!
I scrap in the guest room. Which was previously my scrap room, but I had to give-in and make it a guest room. Now I'm a closet scrapper. HaHa I don't mind. :)

Erin said...

LOVE the windows in your scraproom! Wow! I have my own scraproom but it's not nearly as open and bright as yours! It is nice to be able to spread out though and leave a project out to work on later!

Nitasha said...

Your space is so nice and inviting...love the windows and all of the natural light! I have a small scrap space, but have grand dreams of one day having an amazing studio of my own! : ) yeah...a dream!

Live a Life EXTRAordinary said...

Heidi,
I love, LOVE your scrapping space!! Your home looks beautiful! Love all of the natural woods.
Glad your open house went well and that you got some time with your girlies.
Suz

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates