Sunday, July 18, 2010

S-o-l-o...

I'm riding solo for the next few weeks as the kids are with their dad for his visitation. Saturday was a hard day...made better with the help from a few of my friends...hello girls night out! So instead of dwelling on how much this time in the summer stinks...I am focusing on the positives. First things first, this morning I only had to get one person ready and out the door for church. I didn't have to cook any macaroni and cheese, or chicken nuggets all day. I only had one bed to make instead of 3. I spent a leisurely afternoon reading and blog surfing, and I didn't have to get anyone else anything. I scrapbooked and organized and picked up, and there was no one to get any toys out. But really I would much rather have made 3 beds today and picked up 1,000 toys and eaten macaroni and cheese for breakfast, lunch, and dinner to have my two little sweeties tucked in their beds right now. The end.
Tomorrow will be a brighter day...I'm sure of it!

1 comments:

Amanda Smith said...

I will be praying for you and I hope that the time flies.

Keep focusing on the positive and make sure to soak in all the "me" time while you can!

Love ya! :)

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates