Thursday, March 12, 2009

Is it the weekend yet?

What a week! Chloe was sick over the weekend, then Tanner started out the week by getting a cold, then I had food poisoning, and today it was a visit to urgent care for "Tan the man" (as we like to call him.) He woke up this morning and was in excruciating pain. Pain in his legs, with no explanation or rhyme or reason for it. He was literally shuffling around and looked like an 80 year old man. As luck would have it, it was picture day (of course, right?) at school, so he really wanted to be there for that. I dropped him off and told his teacher to call me if he wasn't doing well, and I would run back and get him. Sure enough...the call came and I was headed back to pick him up. I called the doctor and they of course immediately thought it was something serious. She told me not to "ignore it." So we prayed, and called some other people to pray, and called Autie Holly, the RN to ask her advice. Finally, since he hadn't improved by late this afternoon, we saw the doctor. I will never get used to other people poking and prodding at my kids. He was a very sweet man and just doing his job, but when he started squeezing Tanner's legs to find out where the source of the pain was coming from...Tanner let out a gasp and started bawling! If you knew Tanner, this is totally not like him at all. He NEVER cries when he gets shots, and rarely cries when he gets hurt, he is one tough kid. So he found that it's muscle pain and the doctor thinks it's just the end of a virus and nothing serious, but that I should be watching him and if it isn't much better by early next week then he will want to see him again. His prescription: orange juice, bananas, and tomato based foods like ketchup...all good sources of potassium. So Tanner's eyes light right up and he says to the doctor "you mean like McDonald's ketchup?" In Tanner's eyes, McDonald's can pretty much fix any problem, and cure any ailment. The clinic just happens to be directly next to a McDonald's. The odds were in his favor today. LOL. Hope you have a great night!

4 comments:

Amanda Smith said...

Oh, poor guy! We will be praying for you guys. Hope he is already feeling better this morning. I bet the McDonalds did the trick :)

Have a good weekend,
Mandy

P.S. I got my kit yesterday and it is very cute! Hoping to get some time this weekend to work with it- but Cannon is sick now too...and even more needy than usual, how is that possible?? Ugh.

Holly said...

give Tan the Man lots of hugs and kisses and attention too as that always helps-give him some for me!! At our house ice cream or milkshakes are just the right antidote. BTW, I love the March kit that I received yesterday. I cannot wait to use it this coming weekend!!

grandma joyce said...

Heidi - So sorry to hear about my little "Tanner man" being under the weather, am sure praying that he is feeling better and others please do the same. Please give out those extra hugs and kisses to him - won't be long until that big sixth birthday of his. Miss and love him and Chloe so much!!

Love, Grandma Joyce

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
we're praying for Tanner and hope
to hear a great recovery report
soon. Tanner...just want you to know
i found one of your parrots yesterday
and a hummingbird. also uncle jake found a penguin in his car that belongs to you. i will gather them all and send them your way soon! we love you and hope you are well again soon.
nAnnA

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates