Monday, March 9, 2009

9 hours with no power...

It can make for a COLD house...some whiny kids...and not much to do. But we made the best of it and lit all of the candles in the house, and gathered all the flashlights, as well as the toys that light up. (Light-sabers etc.) The kids tried to draw pictures with limited light, and I played my guitar. We read some books together and made a zoo. We went outside and picked up branches and tree limbs that had broken off the giant trees. There was one limb that was completely covering the drive way. Luckily when it fell it broke into several pieces, so I was able to drag it out of the way. The power was finally restored just before the kids went to bed around 8:30. I never take it for granted anymore...having power that is...it's rough without it.

SO, since I have a few extra bits and pieces of brand new products from CHA, I am going to do a giveaway. One thing will for sure be a chipboard sheet of the new "Invisibles" by Heidi Swapp. These are great for the cover of a book, and are just the right thing to freshen up a project. If you haven't seen what they are...I will try to do a little tutorial here on the blog. I am itching to have a chance to play with them. I am pulling out my distress inks! Woohoo! All you have to do to enter the giveaway is become a "follower" of the blog. It's down in the left hand side of the toolbar, and I will pick a winner from there on Wednesday night. I also got together the design team kits to send to them today and will have some sneek peeks to share in the next few days. Hope you all have a wonderful evening...I'm off to do the dinner dishes. Fun! LOL.

4 comments:

Just Call Me Grammy said...

I have not seen the Invisibles...I will be interested to see what you do with them. Glad your power is back on. We didn't lose ours, but know of others who did. It will be interesting to see what the next day or so brings--sounds like we may need an ark :-)

Holly said...

Just to make you feel better we have snow and ice today!! I cannot wait to see what you do with the invisibles. I have heard they are great. Also cannot wait to see sneaks from April-I cannot believe I just said the word April??!!

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi,
first...i love the zoo pictures.
also...so happy that you have power again. it's true we take all these conveniences as a given. we woke up to snow this morning...but only an inch or so. looking forward to the
peeks. we've been busy here.
love you,
nAnnAlYnn

grandma joyce said...

Heidi - Glad to hear that your power finally came back on. Guess that sabre that we got Tanner at Casa Bonita worked out for a bit of light.

Love, Grandma Joyce

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates