Sunday, June 6, 2010

Carnivals, piglets, and goldfish...

I felt like this week was really the kick off to our summer. Every morning Tanner would wake up and ask me "Mom, are we going to have a fun day today?" Meaning I needed to come up with a schedule to entertain him. He is used to having a routine at school and wants to know what the plan is for the day. Unfortunately, lots of days include work and laundry and scrubbing floors, which is of no interest to him of course. So we have made a lot of trips in the evening to the swimming pool and we headed to The Cherry Festival to watch a concert that I had wanted to see. I had never been before to this festival, although I had seen it advertised in years past. It was a full fledged carnival with all the rides and funnel cakes you cared to have. This one was pretty special because it had a petting zoo for the kids...and to my kids that won me the "Mother of the Year" award. Tanner's favorites were the baby piglets, and Chloe loved the floppy-eared huge rabbit. I did love those sweet little pigs, but that baby calf just stole my heart. So cute!

They were hearding the sheep in this shot. :)
Isn't she just the sweetest?
Miss. Chloe lost her first tooth earlier in the day. She was SO excited!


She always insists on riding the carousel...and this time she picked Rudolf.


She wanted to play this carnival game where you could win a live goldfish...and to my shock (okay and HORROR) she won one. She has named it Chloe and is sure it's a girl. Oh my. I think I asked my friends on Facebook why animal rights activists aren't protesting at these carnivals, giving fish away to homes who own no fish food. I don't care about feeding it...but I am NOT looking forward to cleaning that bowl!!


We had a really fun night!

Carnivals really are magical when the sun goes down! Love these shots...and all taken with my iPhone since I didn't have my real camera with me! On the way home Tanner announced that "Yes...we did have a fun day." Mission accomplished! Hope you're all having a great weekend!

3 comments:

nAnnAlYnn said...

happy kids, happy times, and
aren't phones amazing?...
they are
computers/cameras/ipods/GPS and
phones. those pics are precious.
i like those piggies.
this month's kit is gReAt...i love
all the gray.
missing you all.
nAnna & papa

Erin said...

You are the coolest mom ever! :) I can't believe you took those great photos with your phone! The whole way through your blog post I was thinking how fabulous your photos are! Have a great week! Erin

Chantal said...

Wow - I can't believe that those pics were taken on your phone! I love the whole look of them - they turned out great! I also am very surprised that a carnival would give live fish as prizes!!! I've never heard of such a thing.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates