Saturday, June 12, 2010

The agenda...

There are weeds in the yard that are calling my name to come and take care of. There are errands to run...which isn't so bad because one stop will be the fabric store...and kids that are "bored" in true summer fashion. I have heard and read lately on blogs and in email about people facing trials, and just being "real." Honestly, it's got me thinking of the reality that life is hard. It's full of twists and turns, and highs and lows, and it's not always something fun. I hope that I have portrayed HOPE here on my blog and a positive outlook, but trust me, my personal life is a mess, I have faced more trials and struggles this spring than I have in a while. There were big decisions to be made...the kind that you want someone else to make for you...but in the end you are responsible for. There were situations that broke my heart in two, that broke my heart for my children. There were battles that were fought...and lines that were drawn, in the hardest of situations. I am always amazed at how people who you think legitimately love and care for you can throw you under the bus and trample on any respect that you once had for them. There were triumphs and joys and laughter...lots and lots of laughter. But in the end...we are still here. When you lay your head on your pillow at night and think that the dawn will never break because you are surrounded by so much darkness, and yet it does. And not only is it another day...but it's one full of possibilities! I love that I don't have to have all of the answers, but just rely on the grace of God and his forgiveness and mercy to pull me through. He really is BIG enough. And as I sit here and dwell on my problems...it only gives them more power in my life. So instead I choose to focus on the solution to them. And I think of all of the people out there who are facing much bigger struggles than I am. And I pray for them, and remind myself to stop and be thankful. I have so much to be grateful for. Every day I am surrounded by the laughter of my children. (In fact that is what is ringing through the halls of my house right this very minute. :) I have health. I have more love in my life today than EVER. Just a reminder to myself. I'm adding it to my agenda...BE GRATEFUL FOR THIS DAY.

Oh, and I'm also thankful for happy photos of yellow doors and green refrigerators.

Images found HERE.
Happy Saturday! Thanks for letting me ramble here. It's therapeutic!

2 comments:

truleetraci said...

Sweet Heidi it is just THESE kind of "ramblings" as you called it that keep me reading your blog! We are all dealing with things, life is so much of THAT! But it IS encouraging to hear others are in it too and the reminders to focus on WHAT IS GOOD!!! No matter how rough it is at times... there is ALWAYS GOOD TO BE FOUND!!! THANK YOU for sharing your heart so honestly, and allowing God to use you to bring focus to the rest of us!!! Love you!!!

Just Call Me Grammy said...

I don't know how anyone could visit here often and not know that you are full of hope. I am so sorry that your days have been so hard. Glad you have so much to be thankful for too! Still praying for some clear answers for you. Hope to see you Friday!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates