Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A week...

A week in our lives documented in a mini version...this book has been in the works for a year. It was about time I got it finished wouldn't you say? This is the perfect kind of project to take to a crop. Which is exactly what I did this weekend. This is when a kit comes in handy. It makes your life a LOT easier. (This is all made from our Jan. 09 kit 'Spiffy' and a kit that I put together for a weekend retreat to go along with the 'Spiffy' kit.)
This sweet little owl is by Fancy Pants. The idea behind this mini is that years from now it will be so cool to see what everyday life looked like at this time. It's really just a snapshot.






These little tiny alpha stickers that you see throughout are brand new from Cosmo Cricket...I have them in every color available...and used a good portion of them just in this book! Fun! Chances are GOOD that you'll be seeing these in our upcoming kits! :)


What the kids were watching at this time. They were all about Max and Ruby.
I think sometimes I should just pitch a tent at my local post office. It would be so much more convenient...LOL! Shipping was a BIG part of my days...and it still is.
Living in the country makes even a quick trip to the grocery store an event. Definitely something I'm still not used to.

A close up shot of that chipboard cloud...which might be my favorite embellishment in the whole book. Love, Elsie were some of my favorite products EVER.




Here I trimmed a Heidi Swapp acrylic clock to fit the size of my page.







Fabric paper to cover the back of the album...and it's self adhesive. So cute! And easy!

Going back through the notes I wrote about this week was too funny. I wrote down every single detail of our days. Funny things the kids said. What time they woke up in the morning. You name it, it's written down. It definitely is documented VERY well. I just never got around to scrapbooking it. I have a lot more pictures printed and plan to put something together for my album at some point and time. AND I will for sure be doing this again this year. It's amazing how much life changes over the course of a few years! So today we had a snow day and so I had to munchkins to entertain and some shoveling to do. And blogger is not liking me at all...because this is the 3rd time I've written this post. I've been working on it forever!! Let's hope this 3rd time is a charm! Happy Tuesday everyone!

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Heidi! thank you for sharing this with us, I love it and I love that it is about the everyday. All the embellishments you chose are perfect.

Holly said...

love the book-all of it!! so cute and way to go you finished it!! Thanks for persisting to get it posted!

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi-
this tinY album is adorable!
totally coOl. it's the little things
that get lost over time and i'm so
glad to see that you are capturing
them. it's photo journalism and it's
all aRt...
you are right about a kit as a great
solution for a mini book since all
the supplies are coordinated.
you're a gEnIUs!

Amanda Smith said...

I love it!! I really need to do this too....thanks for the inspiration! :)

Jennifer said...

Wow, a year already! I remember when you gave me my book to work on at our retreat. I haven't even begun mine. How sad is that. Your album is so cute, what a fun way to look back.
Thanks for sharing such inspiring ideas!!!!
Now I just need to finish all my projects :)
Love you,
Jen

Melanie said...

This is a great project. I love seeing how you put it all together. I did this a year-and-a-half ago one week and it turned out to be a week I'm so thankful to have documented. Thanks for inspiring me to do it again!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates