Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Heart of Gold...

I started this layout about my sister for my gallery, but because of CHA and traveling I didn't have a chance to finish it in time. I put the finishing touches on it last night, and added the journaling. Better late than never right?? This month's kit was just so cute! I took this photo of my sister while we were at a scrapbook event. This was all made with "Long Johns" the only thing I added was the metal title letters by American Crafts from forever ago!
I used my exacto knife to cut out the diamond shapes of the background paper. I think this is the first time I've tried this technique. It was kind of fun. I used the Hambly wood grain paper and wanted it to look kind of like a frame.
The journaling reads: "This girl has a heart of gold...ask anyone she knows and they will tell you."

And this was a little card I whipped up with some of my leftover pieces. That bear sticker is just too fun! The "hello" chipboard piece is by Pebbles Inc.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Heidi,
What a cute layout...such a fun idea to make the frame with the woodgrain paper. I teared up when I read the title and the words..thanks for making a page about me!? I am honored that you would spend your time and talents in this way. You're the best! Love that little card too!

Erin said...

What a sweet layout! I love the little clouds you cut out of the heart paper! :)

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates