Monday, February 8, 2010

Gallery!

Okay I know that I live in the Midwest...but this weather is going to be the end of me. It's snowing AgAiN. We are supposedly getting another 6-9 inches. I'm not even going to pretend that I'm okay with it. It's beautiful to watch outside...but not beautiful to drive in! And so since we are talking about the snow...here's a snowy page I made for this month's gallery. I really loved the patterned paper in this kit. There was so much variety!
I trimmed a few of the snowy trees to add to the corner of the photo. This was the first time I've included Collage Press products in our kits. Do you love them?
This Thickers alpha needed some detail I thought so I added a few polka dots with a pigment ink marker. I think it might have looked better had I painted them on.

Here's a close up of my journaling. I need to take this to heart today. I should repeat it over and over again. I love that little red bird on the snowy tree branch. We have cardinals everywhere here. They look stunning against the white snow.

And this layout is titled "Pure Joy." Well because that is what Chloe is...pure joy. She has brought a joy to my life that was lacking before. She is just as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside and that look in her eye in one of these shots, perfectly captures her personality.

Yep, this is the look. Makes this mommas heart melt. :)



And lastly a super simple card using the Jillibean patterned kraft paper as the card base, along with a few Hambly doily rub-ons (so cute) and a tag from the sheet of Cosmo Cricket cardstock stickers.

My dear friend Lexi has posted on her blog a quick recap of CHA. Um...let's just say if you would like to see me rolling around on the ground in a bunch of feathers in a dress with my cowgirl boots on...then you will have to take a peek. I told her that her CHA post was a lot more fun than mine! But I still can't believe she posted that shot! Too funny! Hope you all had a beautiful NON-snowy Monday. We are praying for a snow day here tomorrow! :)

4 comments:

Erin said...

DARLING with a capital D! Love the photos and layouts...and, yes! I am completely infatuated with the Collage Press papers in the Feb kit. Brilliant as always, Heidi!

Amanda Smith said...

I loved your snow page! The picture,5 title and embellishments were just perfect :)

You & Lexi need to stop rubbing it in about all the fun you had at CHA. Geez! Just kidding....you know I am just jealous. Looks like you had a great time!

nAnnAlYnn said...

heidi...
just catching up with
your posts of the last few days. this kit is so great. i love love the green wood buttons and the papers are all so well coordinated and interesting...very cool. the skier/pine tree paper is just the best...
love you ...miss you.

nAnnAlYnn said...

meant to say that i went out to
lexi's blog to see more of the
CHAW photos. looks like you all
had a great time with all that
inspiration and pApEr under one roof.
thanks lexi for sharing....i really
like your papercrafting style.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates