Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Catching up!

Hello my blog friends! Just stopping in quick to let you know that I finally have internet at my new house here and am super excited to get all of you caught up to speed on the latest with me and also with Freehand Scraps! :)
We said goodbye to our "Illinois family" and packed up a big moving truck and put smiles on our faces, and left. (Especially me as I am trying to show the kids my positive attitude about it rather than shed tears about all that we'll leave behind.)
It's a 7 hour trip so napping was involved...which made for a nice, peaceful road trip. :)






We are getting settled, and I am trying to juggle everything and get unpacked and organized. The kids were excited for trick-or-treating this year, I don't think I have ever seen them running from door to door quite like this year. Our neighborhood has some awesome houses in it...they had fog machines and decorations that put Pottery Barns catalog to shame. Seriously. I have never seen anything quite like it. We had a blast!
Tanner was an astronaut this year...hence his slight obsession with space and anything related! Chloe decided at the last minute to be a ladybug...I told her how smart she was because it was a really warm costume. Minnesota is not warm my friends, and it kind of feels like winter already here. I was warned though, and am hoping that I toughen up as the time passes. :)
She was very concerned that her nose and freckles (liquid eye-liner...and it stayed perfectly all night!) would get rubbed off. And was the cutest little bug ever!

And here is a picture of our new house!
I'll be back tomorrow with more news...in a newsletter to update you on the latest with Freehand Scraps! Stay tuned...and I hope you had a great day!

2 comments:

Lexi said...

they are too cute! I will have to show Aven Tanner's costume--he LOVES space too ;) Give us a house tour when you can!

Jill said...

Nice to hear from you. Hope you are all doing well with your big move/adjustment/job.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates