Wednesday, September 8, 2010

La Vie En Rose...

The last time I was perusing my favorite local store I came across these little itty bitty white letters. Let me just preface this with the factoid that I took 3 years of French in high school and so I actually figured out what they said, which was an accomplishment in itself! I feel like I don't remember half of what I learned in high school.

The translation: Life in pink. Or for us westerners...more like the saying we "see the world through rose colored glasses." I just love them. And I am working on seeing the world through my rose colored glasses MORE. Optimism shall be my friend!
The best part was the the store owner is from France so he whipped out his laptop and began to play me a beautiful (and very famous I might add) French song. Guess what it's called? :)

And just for good measure...and English lyrics...here is another version that's awesome by Louis Armstrong. Ahhh...makes me want to hop on a plane to Paris and stroll down the Champs d Ellesseys. Yeah right...like that is going to happen!! Oops...rose colored glasses, rose colored glasses. See why I need a daily reminder? :)

Happy Wednesday!

0 comments:

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates