Saturday, September 11, 2010

Birthday mini book!

Well it's not easy to be away from family. Especially when you miss out on all the parties! And believe me...my family, well we know how to celebrate! So my sweet little Grandma celebrated another birthday and I decided to use these silly photo booth shots of the kids and me to make a little book for her.
The mini book alternates with one chipboard page and then one acrylic page. The acrylic works really well for the cover and backing of the book...it helps keep your embellishments from getting ruined.

The worst thing about the acrylic though is taking pictures of it!! :)




The album is by Fancy Pants, patterned paper is Heidi Swapp and My Minds Eye, I also used some Martha Stewart doilies, and a few American Crafts chipboard shapes. The little journaling spots are made by Colorbok. The bird die cut and daisy on the last page are by October Afternoon. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

4 comments:

nAnnAlYnn said...

we'll be on our way to you in a few
short hours. just wanted to check
your blog before packing the laptop.
this book/card is darling/adorable!! grandma suz will love it. well done!! and i meant to tell you that i love your french letters... 'life in pink' too.
love you. nAnna.

Jill said...

Just too stinkin' cute! What a great, quick gift/card.

Miss Okashii said...

Awesome, I just did my first scrap...should add it to my blog soon :)

Érica said...

I've seen this post before, but I bookmarked it and needed to leave a comment. I loved your idea!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates