Friday, September 3, 2010

"Big Adjustment" is really an understatement...

I'm back to share a layout that has been sitting on my desk for a good 2 weeks now. It was all laid out and ready to be tacked down and finished. Good grief, I never thought I would get a minute to work on it! I'm thinking of making a 6 x 12 page to go just to the right of it to add even more journaling. There are just things I don't want to forget about how much of a change it was to move from the city to the country. Like the fact that instead of sirens and traffic, I was lulled to sleep at night listening to the cows mooing in the fields all the way across the river. (At first I thought it was a cell phone ringing on vibrate when I heard it! LOL.) That my fridge was stocked with worms for fishing down on the river. That the fawns would frolic around the yard and not really care if we were watching. That it is a 30 minute drive to the nearest Target (BiG change!) That you don't have to ever worry about traffic...because there isn't any...but you do have to alot time because there is a good chance you will get stuck behind some kind of farm equipment that takes up both lanes of the road. That everyone knows everyone. That people here are just plain old good...deep down in their hearts. That you will hear the expression "Good Gravy!" and that they call it supper here instead of dinner. That they are proud to live here and think I'm crazy for missing "city life."
I splattered some charcoal paint on the kraft cardstock and added a few rows of the dots from the Creative Imaginations die cut paper I had also used for my PB&J layout I last shared here. And I STILL have some of it left! :)
I layered the KI Memories felt letters over a strand of ribbon. The silly cow die cut (Paper House Productions) is the first die cut I've bought in a long time. I just knew he needed to go on this country life page.


What's your vote...city or country? Hope you all have a fantastic Labor Day weekend!!

1 comments:

nAnnAlYnn said...

after being at the cabin a lot lately...i vote mountains. it's sort of country....wild country.
i saw a magnificent (nearly as big as
a fox) black squirrel up there yesterday with a fantastic tail that
looked a bit like ostrich plumes.
i have never seen anything like him
in my life and he was beautiful!!
your LO is really great...i like it.

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates