Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It was a forget your earrings kind of day...

You know. The day you forget your mascara. Or you forget your earrings...and suddenly even though you are completely clothed...you feel completely naked! LOL! It was a gloomy, rainy day so Chloe and I spent the day inside. I had a chance to finish a little album I had been working on. And here is my desk afterwards...hmmmm...looks like I need to organize again!
This album is called "5 Good Things" and I added this little metal rimmed tag to document the start and end date. You basically write down 5 things you're thankful for or that were "good" each day for a week. Easy peasy. Here is the link if you'd like to make one of your own!
For the cover I used my ancient eyelet stash to reinforce the punched holes and strung all the pages through a metal ring. I stapled a Heidi Swapp heart in the corner and also a K & Company little red bird. (Man I love that little bird.)

I decided to make the colors fun and mixed up with unexpected color combos.
I added a Sassafras Lass decorative border to either side of this page at the bottom. It looks fun sticking out of the bottom of the book too!
As you can see the "good" things in my life are simple. I'm easy to please!
I mostly embellished with little bits of this and that I had laying around my desk. (The "love" charm is from this month's kit!) {Oh and I also misspelled Swedish...oops! But you never would have known unless I pointed it out right? LOL}
IKEA is always on my "good" list!! The back of the previous page up close. I used a lot of staples to attach things in this book. I tried to make it easy and quick!
I added a #5 Sassafrass Lass card from our kit this month and added a tiny gold star in the corner. Too cute. Love this.
And we're already to Friday...see how easy it is to do this. (I think this would be great to do with kids...my youngest just had a birthday and needs to be reminded of all the good she has...instead of all the good she wants!)
I should have taken more time to make my jounaling a little neater...and maybe more thought out. This was the day of her birthday party...so it's all about her. And I just noticed that the book originally has numbers #1-5 on it and mine printed it without. I just added bits of this and that to the bottom to "decorate" a little!

And Sunday...my favorite day of the week (except it leads to Monday.)
On the flip side of the metal rimmed tag...it has the date of the end of the book.
As we near Thanksgiving...this might be a great little project to get you in the mindset of being thankful and conscious of how many "good" things our lives hold. I am thinking of all the veterans that have served our country now and through the years...and if that doesn't make a person thankful then I don't know what will! I am grateful and blessed to live in this country...to be free...to not wake up to bombs exploding outside my front door. Thankful doesn't even cover how I feel about the sacrifices our servicemen have made and are still making daily. Take the time to remember. Freedom has a price...

3 comments:

Samantha said...

love this Heidi, what a wonderful memento you have created for your family. hope you are happ andy feeling good, can't wait to see the Dec. kit!

nAnnAlYnn said...

this little album is adOrable.
what a great idea to remember all
the little stuff along the way and
to 'enjoy the ordinary/evErYdaY'
things. thanks for sharing. i lOve
that cute old watch too.

love.lovely said...

This is the CUTEST book in the world. I love how creative you are!!!!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates