Wednesday, January 30, 2008

So Excited!





So here it is...way too late at night, um... I mean morning, but had to say that I am so excited for the BIG launch. This dream of mine is really coming true! I am finishing up last minute details and the designers work is loaded on the site. We will be going live in just a few short days. Yeah! I would like to introduce you to the two ladies who have brought even more inspiration to Freehand Scraps. The first is the wonderful Jamie Waters. Her reputation proceeds her, but she is so talented and is one of my top 3 favorite scrap artists of all time! The second is my dear friend Amanda Smith, my favorite scrapbooking buddy, and you are going to LOVE her work! (I so wish we lived closer!) It's so amazing to me how many different things you can create with the same supplies. This kit truly inspired me to scrapbook some of my favorite photos that I had laying around, waiting for a proper home in an album. I had so much fun playing with it. I scrapbooked some pictures that I took over the summer at an old barn down the road from our house. I had this vision of doing a photo shoot at a farm with a red barn as the backdrop. I was new to town and saw a very cool old house, that just happened to have a very old red barn too. SO, I did the unthinkable and actually stopped and knocked on the door to ask their permission. They were totally gracious and we had a great time getting to know them a little. By the time we left, they sent us home with a pile of vegetables from their garden. They were so sweet and the kids loved their dog "Sarge." So if you are wishing that you had a wonderful spot for a photo shoot...think outside the indoor studios that are the most common professional places to take the kids. Why not an old barn or a place with great architectural elements? Anything that is visually different is always a great idea to step up your photography. I recently took pictures at our local City and County building where they have such cool, old architecture. I really liked the way they turned out. I'm sure I'll go back to take some more with the kids in them next time. Sorry the pictures are up at the top of the post...I am very new to this blog thing.

0 comments:

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates