Thursday, January 31, 2008

Little Whispers

Tonight I heard a little whisper voice after I tucked Tanner into bed. It's usually...I need another drink of water...I need to go potty...what are we doing tomorrow...is it a school day?...is it a church day?...um, I forgot to tell you one more thing mom...it's too dark in my room...can you leave the door open...can I sleep in your room...etc.etc.etc. Tonight I tucked him in, and we prayed and I told him "hugs and kisses, mommy loves you" to that he whispered "hugs and kisses to ya too...love you momma." PRICELESS! It's little moments like these that make my heart sing. I write these kinds of things down because they are the perfect journaling in my scrapbooks. Tanner is just at that age where he is completely honest. He tells you exactly how he's feeling and what he would like. It's such a pure and innocent age. So when he says things like "you're the most beautiful girl in the world"...he really means it. He isn't just saying it. I love it! What mom wouldn't? I would encourage you (if you have kids) to take the time to write down all the fun things your little ones are saying. I carry a small notebook in my purse with me so I am always prepared to jot this or that down. Plus it's very handy for the grocery shopping list! Then when you get to a random photo that doesn't necessarily have a topic associated with it you can pull out your notes of the things they have said and voila...instant journaling!

2 comments:

dannigirl said...

what sweet words from your little guy.
congrats and best of luck with your new adventures.
~danni perez

Karen said...

Best Wishes Heidi, I am so excited for you too. Love your web page and and the first kit. I am feeling creative just logging on here. I know your going to be BIG!!!
Love
Karen Vance

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates